Saturday 25 August 2007

This Green and Pleasant Land

I'm spending the Bank Holiday weekend at my parent's house in Rickmansworth, having arrived back to this green and pleasant land at 6.20 this morning. The flight was as comfortable as night journeys can be, though I do wish there was a separate cabin for families with young children! I had a window seat - rather wasted at night but I did manage to peer out as we passed near to Baghdad and said a quick prayer for the people of that war-torn region.

One of the Indian priests in Abu Dhabi said that, to his mind, England is an earthly Paradise. Compared to the dry humid heat and the largely unattractive desert terrain of Arabia, the mild climate and verdantly green landscape is certainly striking. It is indeed good to be back!

Labels:

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your tolerance towards families is to be commended.

8:19 pm  
Blogger M.J. said...

Welcome back. I very much enjoyed reading about your trip to Arabia.

2:55 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

We were on a plane with our chaplain coming back from Pilgrimage. My daughter Claire (now 16) was 2 & my did she shriek down the poor Frs ears..so much so that he said 'i chose the right vocation!'i sympathise with you...parents don't really hear the decibals..they get adept at blocking the noise out!

Glad to have you back in sunny England..a taste of Arabia..

11:04 am  
Blogger Fr Justin said...

Welcome back, Fr Nicholas.

8:46 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home

<< # St. Blog's Parish ? >>