Sunday 17 June 2007

Martyrs' Walk

I'm currently writing a short talk I'll be giving next Saturday (23 June) at the site of London's medieval Franciscan monastery, Christ Church Greyfriars (near St Paul's Cathedral). This will be one of the 'stations' during the Martyrs' Walk, organised by Miles Jesu/Continuity Movement.

Hope to see some of you there, though I'll only be able to stay for my talk and then dash back to the parish for an Adult Confirmation class. The pilgrimage starts at Tower Hill (11am), will reach Greyfriars about 1pm and will finish with Mass at Tyburn Convent (5.30pm). For more details, click here.

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

Blogger Hebdomadary said...

I wish I could be there. I always take visitors to Greyfriars, sometimes go there myself just to smoke and think, rebuilding mentally one of the glories of mediaeval Catholic London. You should publish your talk on the site, with illustrations. By the way, how is the exhibit on the Eucharistic Congress anniversary shaping up? Can't wait to see that!

5:11 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for advertising this Fr. i'm a married member of Miles Jesu. sadly i don't think i'll make it to London..but will be praying for the success of the walk...God bless

11:19 am  
Blogger Fr Nicholas said...

Oh - we'll miss you!

7:27 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a difference a few days makes! Yipee! We're going on the Martyrs Walk..my sons & probably a couple of daughters..i'll be wearing my pink shoes! i'll try a photograph as many bloggers as possible. Be afraid..be very afraid!

God bless

8:08 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home

<< # St. Blog's Parish ? >>