Sunday 4 February 2007

Get Your Nominations In!


I see that nominations can now be sent in for the Catholic Blog Awards 2007. The last twelve months have seen the emergence of many excellent blogs (Fr Tim, Mrs Bogle, Joee Blogs, Westminster Cathedral et al) - it would be nice to think that the Brits might be as successful in being nominated for these as they are with the coming Oscars! The categories are:
1. Best Overall Catholic Blog
2. Best Designed Catholic Blog
3. Best Written Catholic Blog
4. Best New Catholic Blog
5. Best Individual Catholic Blog
6. Best Group Blog
7. Best Blog by Clergy/Religious/Seminarian
8. Funniest Catholic Blog
9. Smartest Catholic Blog
10. Most Informative & Insightful Catholic Blog
11. Best Apologetic Blog
12. Best Political/Social Commentary Catholic Blog
13. Best Insider News Catholic Blog
14. Most Spiritual Blog
Hmmm, I assume you don't have to nominate for every category - it's difficult to distinguish 'most insightful' from 'smartest', and what does 'insider news Catholic blog' exactly mean? Anyway, you only have until 9 February to nominate!

Labels:

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for reminding me, Father!

1:38 pm  
Blogger Fr Longenecker said...

Heyyy!!! What about the emergence of my blog, and do I count as a UK blog or a US blog? OK, so I'm an American, but I have lived more of my life in UK than US...and I've promoted UK blogs over here--even getting you guys a mention on Amy Welborn--queen of catholic bloggers.

3:08 am  
Blogger Fr Nicholas said...

Well, you are American and currently living in the US - but consider yourself included under the 'et al.' I hope the Brits will be included in nominations - but that doesn't mean I won't be voting for American blogs either!

By the way, when did Amy Welborn mention us lot?! Thanks.

8:33 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home

<< # St. Blog's Parish ? >>