Sunday 6 August 2006

My Book Meme

It's amazing how much you miss in the blogosphere when you go on holiday. I've just noticed last Sunday's 'challenge' from Fr Tim Finigan over at Hermeneutic of Continuity to complete the following meme. Off the top of my mind (and I have but recently returned from Italy), my answers to the questions are as follows:

1. One book that changed your life:
Mgr Ronald Knox, The Priestly Life [a book I read when I was first considering the Priesthood]

2. One book that you’ve read more than once:
Fr Leo Trese, Vessel of Clay: A Day in the Life of a Priest

3. One book you’d want on a desert island:
St Francis de Sales, Introduction to the Devout Life

4. One book that made you laugh:
Anything by P.G.Wodehouse

5. One book that made you cry:
Eamon Duffy, The Stripping of the Altars

6. One book that you wish had been written:
St Philip Neri, A Guide to the Christian Life (prefaced by an Autobiograpical Note)

7. One book that you wish had never been written:
I can’t beat Fr Finigan’s choice - De Benedictionibus (1984)

8. One book you’re currently reading:
Charles Spencer, Blenheim: Battle for Europe

9. One book you’ve been meaning to read:
With apologies to all Tolkein fans – The Lord of the Rings

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

<< # St. Blog's Parish ? >>